RULES AND GUIDELINES
— Competition is open to U.S. and International entries. Please check individual categories for additional requirements.
— Feature films are 40 minutes in length or longer. Short films are under 40 minutes in length.
— Films not in English must be subtitled in English.
— Films that have shown theatrically or been broadcast on television in New Mexico prior to the Festival or are available on DVD or VOD are not eligible for consideration.
— Entries must not have been publicly shown before January 1, 2018.
— Entries must be submitted for pre-screening on Vimeo or YouTube link. If you use a secured link, you are REQUIRED to keep us updated with passwords or your film may be rejected. You may also send a DVD or BluRay. Should you choose to send a hard copy screener, please send 2 copies for short films or three copies for features.
— If you are burning a consumer disc, write your Project Title, Film ID# and Contact information on the disc in a clear and legible fashion. PLEASE test your consumer-burned DVD on several makes and models of players BEFORE sending it to our offices. Please use recyclable packaging.
— Works in progress are accepted but are not encouraged. We can not promise that we will be able to watch re-edited submissions. Please only submit works in progress if submitting close to final deadline.
— You may submit multiple entries but must fill out a separate entry form and pay an entry fee for each.
The individual or corporation submitting the film warrants that he/she is authorized to commit the film to at least three screenings at any time during the 2019 Four Corners Film Festival (FCFF) – September 9-15, 2019. Selected entries must send festival screening copy digitally as a hi-res .MOV or .MP4 File. You MUST also send a BluRay backup for exhibition in case something goes wrong with a digital file. Other digital file types may be presentable.
Every possible care will be taken with entries while in our possession, however, we cannot accept responsibility for loss, damage or additional charges incurred en route, or due to normal wear and tear, or due to equipment failure. Do NOT send original prints or master copies. Additionally, Four Corners Film Festival (FCFF) is held harmless from any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity or screening of any film.
The cost of shipping an entry to the Festival must be paid by the entrant or preceding festival. All international entries must be sent with all transportation charges, duties, and taxes prepaid by the shipper. For films accepted into the Festival, the entrant is responsible for inbound shipping. In most cases, FCFF will pay the cost of outbound shipping of the print to its next destination. However, the Festival will not be responsible for unnecessary expedited or overnight shipping charges to other destinations.
You may ship your drives, DVD's or any other materials we may need to:
Film Four Corners
4506 Rio St.
Farmington, NM, 87402
Entrant agrees to grant FCFF permission for accepted films and related marketing materials to be reproduced and distributed – in whole or in part – SOLELY for purposes of jurying, education, and promotion of the festival. Please note that due to schedule conflicts, some jurors may view your films on disc or via online screener. If you submitted a rough cut, it is VITAL that you send a copy of the final edition of your film. This final copy will also serve as a back-up, in case your selected method of exhibition does not work.
ALL OF THE FOLLOWING MUST ACCOMPANY YOUR ENTRY:
— Entry fee (must be paid online).
–3-Line Synopsis (may be used for Festival Program and website)
–FEATURE-LENGTH FILMS: 250 Word Synopsis (may be used for Festival Program and website)
–YOUNG FILMMAKERS: Include a copy of your state or student id verifying your age at the time of completion of the film. You may submit a letter from a teacher if you do not have photo ID.
–NEW MEXICO RESIDENTS: Include proof of residence or proof that the entry was shot predominantly in the state of New Mexico.
–Accepted entries must submit at least one digital 300dpi still photo from the film and at least one web-ready still at 72dpi and 560×315 pixels.
-Trailer of your film either as a digital download, or a public link to YouTube or Vemeo.
–Selected films must who submitted a rough cut MUST submit a copy of the final edit of their film on DVD or BluRay upon acceptance.
By submitting my screenplay to the Four Corners Film Festival, I:
1. Recognize that Four Corners Film Festival, its representatives and files are replete with ideas and stories for theatrical motion pictures and television programs and that new ideas for motion pictures and television programs are constantly being submitted to FCFF. I also recognize that many stories and ideas are similar and often different stories and ideas related to one or more common underlying themes.
2. I agree to indemnify FCFF and its representatives, including its judges and readers, against any and all claims, expenses, losses or liabilities that may be asserted against FCFF and its representatives at any time in connection with said Material, or any use thereof, including without limitation those arising from any breach of the warranties and promises given by me herein.
3. I hereby release and discharge FCFF and its representatives, including judges and readers, from any and all claims and demands and will not assert, maintain, or assist any party in asserting or maintaining any claims or demands against FCFF arising out of, or in connection with the Materials, including without limitation, any and all claims for libel, rights of publicity, theft, or misappropriation of ideas or trade secrets or infringement of copyright or other intellectual property rights.
4. I warrant I am the sole owner and author of the Material submitted.
5. I agree that any part of the submitted Material which is not novel or original and not legally protected may be used by FCFF without any liability on FCFF.
6. FCFF shall not be under any obligation to me with respect to the submitted material except as may later be set forth in a fully executed written agreement between us.
7. I have retained a copy of the Material and agree that FCFF shall not be obligated to return the Material to me.
8. I acknowledge that FCFF is under no obligation to use the Material in any manner. I warrant it is original to me and that I am the author and owner of the Material.